Thursday, April 12, 2007

KCSA Member Stalking


Okay so this stalking thing is hard...if you get an email from me, answer will ya? I have been forced to stalk myself for this week, but I promise next week WILL be a random KCSA member. I understand if I have lost a little journalistic integrity here, but, well, I was stalking people, did I have that much to begin with? Enjoy me:



Name: Emma O'Brien
Year/Major: Senior/Advertising
Hometown: Champaign. Yes, this Champaign. Townies unite!
Current residence in Champaign-Urbana & one thing you love & one thing you hate about it: I live in an old house in Urbana with 3 boys and it's glorious. I LOVE the back deck and yard, but I hate our heating bills and the sound of cold air rushing through our windows, doors, and walls.
Involvement with KCSA: Currently, Callboard Director. I also usher, give tours, etc.
Other clubs/activities: Well, I'm the Art Director for the Green Observer, I work at a nonprofit learning center called The Reading Group as their Marketing Coordinator, I'm involved with Alternative Spring Break, I slack off in but love Positive Event Chain, Solar Decathlon Communications Team, I'm a proctor for exams, and sometimes I babysit. Other than that, I'm swimming in free time.
What's the coolest thing you've ever done? I worked at a summer camp for 6 years and it was the most hilarious and amazing experience of my life.
If you had a pet alien, what would you call it? GIR. 10 points to anyone who knows what that's from.
Would you rather be blind or deaf? (Why or why not?) Deaf! I love music but I am SUCH a visual person and the idea of having to rely on people to get simple tasks done kills me, I'm fiercely independent.

POST SCRIPT - If anyone is interested in any of the activities I mentioned, please contact me, I'd love to tell you more about them. (Green Observer is a no experience necessary, no opinion necessary magazine published by students once or twice a semester about environmental issues around campus and Illinois, Solar Decathlon is a nationwide competition that UIUC is in to build a solar powered house for the Department of Energy by October.) Anywho, please email me if you'd like more info! elobrien@uiuc.edu


No comments: