Sunday, May 6, 2007

Meet the President!


KCSA's elected president for next semester is the fabulous Amanda Jablonsky. Callboard would like to extend our congratulations to Amanda as her hard work and dedication to KCSA has definitely paid off. We've included a question/answer profile of our new club president so members can get to know the big cheese.

Amanda Jablonsky:

What's your major/minor?
Molecular and Cellular Biology major (not pre-med)
Russian Literature/Language minor
Chemistry minor

Where are you from?
Chicago, south side.

What are your interests/hobbies?
Theater -- acting, directing and producing rock.

Describe your future career plans:
I'd like to work in a lab the rest of my life. I'm going to discover something, but I'm not sure what yet.

Why did you join KCSA and/or Ad board?
I honestly have no idea how I got started working with community outreach -- I got the emails about meetings, but it's shocking that I actually went to them. After Taste of the Arts my freshman year, I somehow found out about On the Rocks, I applied to direct and loved it, and the next semester one of the graduating Tech Department girls emailed the old directors and encouraged us to apply for AdBoard. The rest is history.

What's your favorite food?
I could live on any kind of potatoes for the rest of my life, preferably with salt and butter. Also, popcorn followed by caramel apples.

Your favorite color?
Clear

What about favorite music?
Rock and roll. My two biggest favs these days are T00L and Nine Inch Nails, but I'm really all over the map http://www.last.fm/user/DirtyHair/

Are you in any other clubs?
Nada. School and KCSA are for serious my life.

Personal quote/favorite quote:
"Love your fate." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Arguably the Stoic manifesto, as well.


Profile compiled by Lauren Mietelski

No comments: